1. We have successfully adopted/rehomed over 75% of the horses from the 123 we have received since our doors opened!
2. Our Volunteer Program has grown by leaps and bounds! Not only do individuals and families attend, also area agencies and schools send clients and students interested in our mission.
3. We have implemented Equine Facilitated Healing and Coaching (Led By Horses) for people, with horses as guide and Laurie Higgins-Kerley as facilitator.
4. Our Sponsor Program is a unique opportunity to make a difference by directly helping one of our horses. Our sponsorship program is for people who want to become more involved in a the care of a specific horse and help us continue our rescue efforts.
5. Our Training Program is not only key to the success of the horses, but very unique under the management of Frank Castillo our resident horse trainer.
6. Our Outreach Program includes field trips and family nights for area agencies and civic groups. We enjoy sharing – not only horses but llamas, bison, mules, miniature equine animals, and assorted barnyard denizens.
7. In 2017 we began an Internship Program through West Texas A&M and successfully completed a year with our first intern, Katelynn, who delighted us with her embrace of all aspects of equine and livestock management!
In addition to making our Equine Training program possible, 95% of the dollars our donors give goes to the care of our animals.
The dollars you give effectively assists in supporting our Rehabilitation program which includes not only training, but medical, dental, and farrier services. It costs us approximately $300/healthy horse each month, however, expenses can potentially total up to $1000/month with a compromised horse like “Pauly”, who arrived at Dove Creek in the summer of 2016.
Pauly is one very proud recent Dove Creek Equine Rescue school graduate, but stroll down memory lane a minute with him by checking out this photo of his very first day at Dove Creek. We honestly didn’t know if he would make it…BUT…
…through lots of attention from the staff and volunteers and acreage to roam with the herd, he has not only made it –
he has THRIVED. He won the heart of all of us at Dove Creek and now has a new family!
Make a commitment. Sponsor a horse at any level monthly.
On average it takes $300 a month per horse at the rescue.
When you click “Subscribe” you will be brought to the first page where Paypal will show if you specified a horse or a barnyard animal and the amount you plan to subscribe to monthly. Choose “Subscribe using Paypal” or “Subscribe using a credit or debit card.” If using Paypal, you will be asked to choose a payment option. Select it and click continue. If using debit/credit card, type in your payment information and click continue. The final page will show the amount of your monthly subscription and payment information. Click “Agree & Pay.” You’re done! Thank you!
Make One Time Donation
Big spender = Big heart! Spread the love with a lump sum. Secure a horse’s future at the ranch for one year for $3,600 or an amount of your choice.
On the first page you will be asked the amount that you would like to donate. Type in the amount and click “Donate with Paypal” or “Donate with Debit or Credit Card.” This will not charge you. On the second page you may specify an animal by their name and choose your payment option with either Paypal or a credit/debit card. When you are ready to checkout click “Donate Now.” Thanks!