Equus Wisdom & Coaching
Unleash the Power of YOUR Potential
With Laurie as your facilitator, take a journey with Horse as co-facilitator to explore your inner landscape and reveal your authentic self. As herd animals, it is critical for horses to live in the present at all times using their sensitivity and emotional intelligence to survive. Possessing this acute sensory awareness and authenticity, Horse can teach you to become more present and reconnect with your inner wisdom and intuition. Their gentle but subtle way of communication creates a safe and intimate space for you to access your Heart Intelligence and FEEL the power you have within.
Come experience the Way of HORSE and take the opportunity to:
- Gain clarity with a new awareness so you can move forward
- Create new patterns so you can live life with more intention
- Explore your passions and dreams, illuminating your path with purpose
To make an appointment contact Laurie Higgins-Kerley at 806-236-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Options: All sessions are on the ground. NO riding involved
* Reflective Round Pen session - held in a round pen, a safe space with no agenda or structure. You are invited to explore what wants to emerge in the moment and become more aware of emotions that might arise - learning more about their purpose and flow. Initial session approximately two and a half - three hours . Subsequent sessions approximately one and a half to two hours
* Centered Grooming Session - You will have an opportunity to physically connect with a horse while exploring and becoming aware of body sensations, emotions, and thoughts while brushing the horse. With Laurie as facilitator, this is an exercise in "listening" to the communication between you and the horse. We will practice 4 Steps to the present and questions/reflections might be offered. Focusing also on breath and the option of some yogic postures. Sessions involve coaching time and time with the horse - 2 - 3 hours.
* Reflective Herd Session - After receiving some teachings, you are invited to sit outside an area where the horses are (paddock, arena, pasture) and just "be" with the horses. This involves no touching. You are invited to journal, practice Four Steps to the Present, engage all of your senses, draw, or meditate. Afterwards, you have the option to do a Mandala drawing and share your experience. This is a beautiful meditative experience while in the beautiful setting of Dove Creek Ranch and the Tierra Blanca Canyon. Session can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Total time with coaching and teachings - 2 hours.
* Active Round Pen session - You will explore forward momentum and boundaries with the horse - this involves moving the horse. Focusing on the quality of your intention, the power of your thoughts, and the influence of your energy has in relationship to the horse and your request for forward movement. This type session is focused on accessing your personal power and leadership - gaining more awareness of how you use your power in your life. Boundaries are explored and you will be coached to develop a deeper integration of thoughts, feelings, and physical posturing while engaging with the horse. Sessions are approximately 2 hours.
* Opportunity Course - With your horse as partner and a goal or dream in mind, such as moving forward in life, working through a transition in life, finding your authentic voice, etc. You will have several obstacles or "opportunities" to navigate with your horse and Laurie as facilitator, gaining awareness on the blocks or limiting beliefs in the way of attaining your goal or dream. This is a fun adventurous session that reveals how we limit ourselves, but also you will gain awareness on your leadership, partnering, and communication skills. Sessions from 2 - 3 hours
* For Groups or Workshops - contact Laurie Higgins-Kerley directly for more information.
Fee for services: $85/hour
Laurie Higgins-Kerley’s enthusiasm for explorations into“the mystery of all life” is infectious. Daughter of a family physician and a vigorous mother who lived to be 95, infecting her with a love for wellness and nature, Laurie became a practicing registered dietitian as a young woman and eventually set off on a path of holistic healing and study. Her training includes Native American Medicine Wheel teachings, techniques, and ceremonies, Energetic healing through the Dolphin Star Temple, and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training. She has facilitated, hosted, and led workshops and schools on Medicine Wheel teachings and ceremonies, led seasonal drummings, and has had a healing practice since 2003. In 2008, she lost her husband and father of her four children to cancer. Inspired by this journey of grief which ultimately led to transformation through time spent with her own small herd of horses, Laurie founded the non-profit organization, Dove Creek Equine Rescue in 2012 and has been Executive Director of it since. This haven on her family ranch has become a place where restoration happens. Horses are rescued, rehabilitated, retrained, and rehomed. All sorts of horses and the people who work with them develop a synergy that heals the abused, the neglected, the broken...Seeing the profound effect horses had on the staff and volunteers in their journey back to health, Laurie wanted to create a program focusing on the healing partnership between horses and humans. She graduated from Kathy Pike’s Coaching with Horses certification program in April 2017 and joyfully integrates her path to wholeness with this powerful heart centered approach; exploring the authentic expression and inner wisdom within each one of us who walk this walk with her.
My session was a beautiful exploration into self-inquiry. As I stood with my horse, the reflection of my own participation in difficult relationships, was very clear and meaningful... Once the session in the round pen with my horse was complete, Laurie and I talked about the experience and she gently guided me with significant questions, which helped me go deeper in the understanding. For the months that followed, the emotion of my equine therapy continued to guide me through the maze of undoing self-created patterning, that I no longer need or want. This therapy is direct and quick to facilitate personal change. I recommend it for anyone certain that they are READY for the change they seek!
TK, Amarillo, Texas
I am absolutely amazed by the Equine Healing provided by Laurie. I went into my session with no expectations. After all, my "therapy" is my horses and I wasn't sure how this could even help me, but it did. I know from personal experience, with a life time of horsemanship, what I experienced in the round pen was different from anything else I have done. It really made me reach deep into what was going on inside of me instead of focusing on the horse. I have trained myself to be so calm around horses and not show emotions for fear of adverse reactions. This round pen experience made me let go of the control and focus on myself. Exposing my personal challenges and witnessing how the horse responded to me was enlightening. I left the session with a better understanding of self and self awareness, in which I experienced with Laurie's guidance and the horse's actions. I left that round pen with a lighter heart and a new focus on life. I highly recommend this program to anyone (horse person or not) to experience a unique way to overcome any road blocks in your life.
ST, Amarillo, Texas
Laurie is a gifted teacher who incorporates: shamanic ceremony, kundalini yoga, lightwork, grief and family counseling, community leadership, and equine therapy into her work among other knowledge and influences that she shares. I continue to seek guidance from Laurie and her professional therapy services because she has helped me to have a deeper understanding and awareness of my emotions through the work she does with equine therapy. She has also been instrumental in helping me to develop leadership, communication, and community building skills. She has a powerful way of teaching compassion, playfulness, and respect for Life through her living example.
The equine therapy sessions that I have experienced with at Dove Creek have shown me reflections about how I relate to myself and others, and how I express my natural and false self in ways that only a horse could show me. Laurie does an extraordinary job of setting up the sessions to be a healing experience for everyone involved, even the horse, and she is very supportive in helping you to integrate and process after the sessions. Laurie helps others blossom into their full beauty, and I highly recommend you experience a equine session with her at Dove Creek Ranch.
JL, Amarillo, Texas
I enjoyed my session with Laurie and her favorite Healing Horse. In my session I felt a feeling of relief! What I was holding on to emotionally was not mine! I remember a time when I was 12 or 13 years old when my parents were fighting and I took it on ( the War between the Masculine & feminine) I acknowledge It was their fight, not mine! I now feel Free from that War. Thank you Laurie!
I would recommend everyone to have a session!
SV, Phoenix, Arizona
Learning to look within myself and honoring who I am as an integral part of this world is the common thread of the teachings and knowledge that Laurie has shared with me. Laurie's depth of knowledge of strategies to heal and become whole are astounding, but it is her deep level of empathy and her willingness to use radical candor that has guided me to a higher understanding of my own self worth and purpose. She tactfully and gracefully serves as a guide to draw clients out of their comfort zone where true healing and hope lay in wait. She has multiple modes of therapy at her disposal and sews them together with wisdom to help her clients reach their highest potential.
JS, Amarillo, Texas
Laurie Mountain Starlight has been a guiding force for me in my spiritual growth and self awareness. She inspires me to stay spiritually active and to use the tools she and others in our community have taught me at her beautiful equestrian sanctuary, Dove Creek. These tools have helped me to stay grounded and connected with purpose and prosperity. She has also taught me to live life to the fullest! I am blessed to have her as a spiritual guide and friend!
MM, Dallas, Texas