A journey of self discovery with Horse as partner and guide
Are you living your Best Life?
Are you content with where you are in life OR do you feel stuck and stagnant?
Are you tapping into your passion regularly or do you ask what IS my passion?
Are you accessing your inner wisdom and intuition on a daily basis?
Do you get stuck in old emotional patterns that bring the same undesirable results?
Let Horse assist you in releasing what is in the way of living your best life ever!
With Laurie as your facilitator, take a journey with Horse as co-facilitator to explore your inner landscape and reveal your authentic self.
As herd animals, it is critical for horses to live in the present at all times using their sensitivity and emotional intelligence to survive. Possessing this acute sensory awareness and authenticity, Horse can teach you to become more present and reconnect with your inner wisdom and intuition, as well as navigate difficult emotions. Through this work you will gain valuable information in becoming more proactive in your life - information such as insight on the purpose of emotions, managing your energy bubble or field, and learning techniques for more authentic communication.
Laurie creates a custom experience for each client by drawing from the fibers of her own personal weave of healing and mastery within various modalities such as Equine Facilitated Learning, shamanism, medicine wheel ceremonies, Pleiadian energy healing, Kundalini yoga, and healthy eating. You will definitely come away with more tools in your tool box. Laurie’s fun loving personality and deeply compassionate spirit coalesce with her life long commitment to assist others in their evolution. The result is a one of kind experience for those ready to live their best Life!
“Horses react to what lies in our hearts, not in our heads. They are not confused by the words we use to lie to ourselves or hide from others”
Come experience the way of Horse and take the opportunity to:
- Explore the message behind emotions - especially the more challenging ones such as anger, rage, grief, sadness
- Gain clarity with new awareness on how to move forward in your life
- Create new patterns and healthy habits ~ live life with more intention and purpose
- Explore your passions and dreams ~ illuminating your path with purpose
- Deeper Universal connection
Sessions help you with issues such as:
- Emotional Trauma
- Anger and Rage patterns
- Addiction issues
- Grief and Loss - how to navigate this challenging journey
- Being "stuck" in Life
- Mental fatigue and nagging feelings of overwhelm
- Life Transition
For more information or to schedule a "Going Forward" coaching session contact Laurie Higgins-Kerley at 806-236-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org Session options listed below.
All sessions are done on the ground with horses. NO riding involved. All sessions include a Safety talk and demonstration.
1) Reflective Round Pen session Often the first session with single individuals but can be done with small groups - held in a round pen, a safe space with no agenda or structure. With Laurie as facilitator, these sessions are focused on accessing the wisdom of the heart and allowing the heart's desire of a person to be revealed THROUGH exploring emotions, their messages, and why we need them for our "navigation system". Sessions are approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
2) Active Round Pen session Can be done with individuals or small groups. This is an opportunity to explore forward momentum and boundaries with the horse, raising awareness around personal power and leadership. Boundaries are explored and participants will be coached to develop a deeper integration of thoughts, feelings, and physical posturing while engaging with the horse. Sessions are approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
3) Centered Grooming Session Can be done initially or after Round Pen session for individuals or small groups. This is an opportunity to physically connect with a horse through brushing and grooming while exploring and becoming aware of body sensations, emotions, and thoughts. This is an exercise in "listening" to the communication between you and the horse. This is a wonderful experience in "mindfulness'. Sessions are approximately 2 hours.
4) Reflective Herd Session This is an opportunity to have a meditative experience while observing the "herd" dynamic for increased awareness around family and group dynamics. Participants are invited to sit outside an area where the horses are gathered (paddock, arena, pasture)and observe the herd. Afterwards is the option to do a Mandala drawing and share any personal reflection with a tool called the Talking Stick. This is a communication tool, originally from the native traditions, allowing the person holding the stick to speak and be heard by the rest of the group, with no interruption. Reflective Herd Sessions can last anywhere from 1 - 2 hours - depending on if individual or group.
5) Opportunity Course - Done with individuals or groups. This is an exercise in turning life's obstacles into opportunities with horse as your partner! Life is about transition. If you are navigating a new job, starting a new business, having a child, taking care of loved ones, handling an empty nest, divorce, death or deciding ‘what now,’ this is a great experience to explore. While guiding a horse on a lead line through various obstacles in an arena, participants explore working through life challenges, moving forward on a path, and finding the authentic voice to move through times of transition. Lots of fun exploring the tapes we play to ourselves. Sessions from 2 - 3 hours.
* For Groups or Workshops - contact Laurie Higgins-Kerley directly for more information.
Fee for services: $85/hour
Laurie Higgins-Kerley’s enthusiasm for explorations into “the mystery of all life” is infectious. Daughter of a family physician and a vigorous mother who lived to be 95 and infused her with a love for wellness and nature, Laurie became a practicing registered dietitian as a young woman and eventually set off on a path of holistic healing and study. Her training includes:
Native American Medicine Wheel teachings, techniques, and ceremonies from teachers and shamans as well as healing, spiritual activation, and ascension techniques from the Dolphin Star Temple, through Mystery Schools from 2001 - 2009.
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in 2012 from Yoga Santa Fe.
She has facilitated, hosted, and led workshops and schools on Medicine Wheel teachings and ceremonies, led seasonal drummings, and has had a healing practice since 2003. In 2008, she lost her husband and father of her four children to cancer. Inspired by this journey of grief which ultimately led to transformation through time spent with her own small herd of horses, Laurie founded the non-profit organization, Dove Creek Equine Rescue in 2012 and serves as Executive Director. This haven on her family ranch has become a place where restoration happens - horses are rescued, rehabilitated, retrained, and rehomed. Many kinds of horses, and the people who work with them, develop a synergy that heals the abused, the neglected, and the broken. Seeing the profound effect horses had on the staff and volunteers in their journey back to health, Laurie wanted to create a program focusing on the healing partnership between horses and humans. She graduated from Kathy Pike’s Coaching with Horses certification program in April 2017 and joyfully integrates her path to wholeness with this powerful heart centered approach; exploring the authentic expression and inner wisdom within each one of us who walk this walk with her.
My session was a beautiful exploration into self-inquiry. As I stood with my horse, the reflection of my own participation in difficult relationships, was very clear and meaningful... Once the session in the round pen with my horse was complete, Laurie and I talked about the experience and she gently guided me with significant questions, which helped me go deeper in the understanding. For the months that followed, the emotion of my equine therapy continued to guide me through the maze of undoing self-created patterning, that I no longer need or want. This therapy is direct and quick to facilitate personal change. I recommend it for anyone certain that they are READY for the change they seek!
TK, Amarillo, Texas
I am absolutely amazed by the Equine Healing provided by Laurie. I went into my session with no expectations. After all, my "therapy" is my horses and I wasn't sure how this could even help me, but it did. I know from personal experience, with a life time of horsemanship, what I experienced in the round pen was different from anything else I have done. It really made me reach deep into what was going on inside of me instead of focusing on the horse. I have trained myself to be so calm around horses and not show emotions for fear of adverse reactions. This round pen experience made me let go of the control and focus on myself. Exposing my personal challenges and witnessing how the horse responded to me was enlightening. I left the session with a better understanding of self and self awareness, in which I experienced with Laurie's guidance and the horse's actions. I left that round pen with a lighter heart and a new focus on life. I highly recommend this program to anyone (horse person or not) to experience a unique way to overcome any road blocks in your life.
ST, Amarillo, Texas
Laurie is a gifted teacher who incorporates: shamanic ceremony, kundalini yoga, lightwork, grief and family counseling, community leadership, and equine therapy into her work among other knowledge and influences that she shares. I continue to seek guidance from Laurie and her professional therapy services because she has helped me to have a deeper understanding and awareness of my emotions through the work she does with equine therapy. She has also been instrumental in helping me to develop leadership, communication, and community building skills. She has a powerful way of teaching compassion, playfulness, and respect for Life through her living example.
The equine therapy sessions that I have experienced with at Dove Creek have shown me reflections about how I relate to myself and others, and how I express my natural and false self in ways that only a horse could show me. Laurie does an extraordinary job of setting up the sessions to be a healing experience for everyone involved, even the horse, and she is very supportive in helping you to integrate and process after the sessions. Laurie helps others blossom into their full beauty, and I highly recommend you experience a equine session with her at Dove Creek Ranch.
JL, Amarillo, Texas
I enjoyed my session with Laurie and her healing horse. In my session I felt a feeling of relief! What I was holding on to emotionally was not mine! I remember a time when I was 12 or 13 years old when my parents were fighting and I took it on ( the War between the Masculine & feminine) I acknowledge It was their fight, not mine! I now feel Free from that War. Thank you Laurie!
I would recommend everyone to have a session!
SV, Phoenix, Arizona
Learning to look within myself and honoring who I am as an integral part of this world is the common thread of the teachings and knowledge that Laurie has shared with me. Laurie's depth of knowledge of strategies to heal and become whole are astounding, but it is her deep level of empathy and her willingness to use radical candor that has guided me to a higher understanding of my own self worth and purpose. She tactfully and gracefully serves as a guide to draw clients out of their comfort zone where true healing and hope lay in wait. She has multiple modes of therapy at her disposal and sews them together with wisdom to help her clients reach their highest potential.
JS, Amarillo, Texas
Laurie Mountain Starlight has been a guiding force for me in my spiritual growth and self awareness. She inspires me to stay spiritually active and to use the tools she and others in our community have taught me at her beautiful equestrian sanctuary, Dove Creek. These tools have helped me to stay grounded and connected with purpose and prosperity. She has also taught me to live life to the fullest! I am blessed to have her as a spiritual guide and friend!
MM, Dallas, Texas